Fees, Instruments and Trips
To pay this year's orchestra fee or instrument rental fees, please follow the instructions in the right column to sign into Charms--our orchestra database and payment portal--and pay the fees online. If you prefer to write a check, please make the check payable to SOA HS Orchestra Boosters.
- Orchestra Fee: $50 for Fall of 2020; normally $200
- Instrument Rental Fee: $120
The orchestra fee is tax deductible; the instrument rental is not. We are a tax exempt 501 (c)3 organization, and a receipt with our Tax ID number is available upon request. If you would like to know more about why we have fees, and why it's important to pay them, please keep reading.
Instrument Rental for School Use
Students who play cello or double bass can either bring their instruments back and forth to school, or they can rent an instrument to use at school. To use a school cello or bass during the day, complete and send in the Instrument School Use Form. The $100 instrument fee pays for new strings, bow hair, and minor repairs caused by normal use. Students who carelessly or maliciously damage a school instrument may be asked to pay for part or all of the damages.
Ways to pay fees and field trip payments
1. The BEST way to pay for fees, instrumental rental, and field trips is through CHARMS. Click HERE.
- Enter our school code: SOASO
- Enter your child's password, which is the first initial and last name of your child. If you have forgotten your password or need to reset it for any reason, just EMAIL Dr. Selby
- Once you are in Charms, click on the Finances ICON
- Next, turn the Affinpay Button ON
- Enter your Credit Card information
- Click the tiny print receipt button on lower right and you will be emailed a receipt.
- The Booster Treasurer will receive immediate record of your payment.
Your payment is deposited immediately into our account when you use Charms. This is much safer than sending money to school, which goes through your child's backpack, and then through the hands of the Director and Treasurer before getting deposited.
2. Send in a check (not cash) via your student. Make sure the student's name and what the money is for is written clearly on the check. The student needs to put the check in the cashbox next to the director's door. The director will then send your check to the Orchestra Boosters Treasurer.